Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 2013 Challenge Week 1

5, 4, 3, 2, 1....It's time to start the April Challenge!

This month we're continuing with our mixed kettlebell / dumbbell program but adding in some legs and core for a full body workout.  Because of the intensity of this Challenge, we will only be performing the Challenge routines EVERY OTHER DAY.  This is a full body workout and many of your are doing it in addition to your base fitness program.  Make sure you're warming up, warming down, stretching, eating well and getting to bed early.  I don't want anyone injured or over trained.




As a reminder, I've included the week 1 exercises and the video links below.  I'll post week 2 on Thursday.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Have fun!!



References:

One-Arm KB Swings



Alternating Renegade Row with Pushup



3 comments:

  1. Remember this is an EVERY OTHER DAY challenge.

    How was day #1? I had some choice words for myself yesterday while doing the exercises after finishing my back workout. Yowza! Today I am feeling the love in my lats :-D

    Make sure you are warmed up before doing this sequence and stretch daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 1 Day 3: how are you doing? If you are struggling with the overhead squat try a squat and press instead. I will make a quick video and post later this week. It's quiet out there....anyone feeling the burn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Week 1 Day 4: MAINTAIN GOOD FORM. There are no points for speed .... or injury!! One of the reasons we included the muscle groups involved is to encourage the MIND-MUSCLE connection. Feel the exercise, don't just execute. I'm loving this challenge, how about you?

    ReplyDelete